Multiverse #01

Multiverse #01

Sculpture, Nature, Ideas, Beauty, Metal, 72x208x3cm
Statement:
The artwork has been inspired by the latest scientific discoveries of modern physics took place in CERN, the most largest laboratory in the world of particle physics. The discovery of the new particle called the Higgs boson is of paramount importance as it bears a radical idea according to which the vacuum is characterized by physical properties, just like matter. Here it is supported the idea of the existence of a universe with more dimensions, precisely called "Multiverse".
The Universe we know and we can observe only a measly 5%, the remaining 95% remains unknown and unseen, in other words it seems "empty." But now we know that in scientific and empty physical terms does not mean more nothing but rather it means the presence of matter.
What we know of our world and our universe may be nothing more than a small part of an immense and unimaginable Multiverse.
From this new universe's theory has born the series of artworks called "Multiverses" by Jan Rocco.

The artwork in detail:
A Two dimensional art history painting meets a new and unknown informal three-dimensional sculptural form, still in development, generating a multiversal new dimension in our present time.
In the center of the artwork is painted an oil on canvas reproduction of the famous Romantic painter John Constable, entitled Stratford Mill, dated 1820. This work is an exact period of the remote and distinct art history.
The painting meets "penetrating" the three-dimensional iron sculpture, informal and unpublished, from a different space / time, different spatially because largely out of the picture and different temporally as designed conceptually in contemporary times.
The set of formal multi-dimensional space / time mergers, in turn generating a new "pathos / dimension" in our present time and space showing the metaphorically and conceptual nature of a Multiverse.
The fusion of this multidimensional meeting, takes place surreally all within a cardboard packaging skatole of the famous online seller known www.amazon.com, to represent a strong contact element with our usual and banal reality of everyday life.
Jan Rocco

Has been liked by 11

Comments 2

Antonio Mercadante
4 months ago
Chi è creativo stabilisce un rapporto ambiguo con la realtà che lo circonda in quanto, anche se facente parte di essa, ne modifica l'intensità creando mondi, suoni,forme che altrimenti non esisterebbero quindi... in qualche modo le disobbedisce. Un po' come un ragazzino che al contrario di quanto gli dica la mamma prende la sua bici e va alla scoperta...
Antonio Mercadante
4 months ago
Chi è creativo stabilisce un rapporto ambiguo con la realtà che lo circonda in quanto, anche se facente parte di essa, ne modifica l'intensità creando mondi, suoni,forme che altrimenti non esisterebbero quindi... in qualche modo le disobbedisce. Un po' come un ragazzino che al contrario di quanto gli dica la mamma prende la sua bici e va alla scoperta...

Say something

You must login or Sign Up to write a comment Join