We would like to thank the jurors Koyo Kouoh, Jörg Bader, Eva Barois De Caevel, Lucrezia Cippitelli, Miguel Lopez, Nicola Müllerschön, Aida Muluneh, Tobias Ostrander, Rasha Salti, Gloria Sensi, Gaia Tedone and David Teh for the attention and patience in working through all submitted works, and for presenting us with such an exciting and timely selection of works.
Take a look at selections made by each juror.
Celeste Prize is an international, contemporary arts prize which every year awards 20,000 € and rewarding benefits to emerging and mid-career artists.
Open to artists, photographers and creatives worldwide, without limits of age or experience. Works should contain an exciting and profound mix of contemporary perspectives and a creative use of artistic languages.
43 finalist works and projects have been chosen by a jury of top art curators and critics, curated by Koyo Kouoh. Prizes are awarded according to voting by the finalist artists themselves at the final exhibition.
- 20,000 € cash prizes
- Project Prize, 4,000 €
- Painting & Drawing Prize, 4,000 €
- Photography & Digital Graphics Prize, 4,000 €
- Video & Animation Prize, 4,000 €
- Installation, Sculpture & Performance Prize, 4,000 €
Exhibition opportunities are just some of the benefits which everyone can gain when entering the prize.
If you enter you could be selected for
- A group exhibition in one of our partner art galleries and residencies
- Inclusion in ‘Editors' choices’, our weekly, online showcase of 5 prize works
- Active promotion of your artwork in our internet social media channels
Our partner galleries and residency have made their choices for exhibitions in 2016: Artrooms - Wuttin Chansataboot, Marieke Kruger, Martin Robert Reed
; Boccanera - Veronica de Giovanelli
; Farm - Elaine Byrne
; Galleria Bianconi - Marieke Kruger.
If you are a finalist
- Your work will be presented to each of the 150 past jurors of Celeste Prize
- Your work and personal presentation will be published in a printed catalogue
- Your work will be exhibited in a top, Milan location which is followed by the city’s art crowd
- You benefit from the communications whirlwind in the international art press
If you are a winner
- We shall send a dedicated email about you and your work to everyone in the community
- A dedicated video interview about you and your work
- A dedicated news article in Celeste Network
- A personal web portfolio in Viewbook
- A part of 20,000 € cash prizes
- 15 April Early Bird - join by this date and get free Premium Membership.
- 15 July Last day to pay your entry fee.
- 22 July Last day to upload work or project.
- 22 September Jury announces finalists’ shortlist.
- 14 November Awards ceremony and finalists’ exhibition.