The artist will create a new series of minimal action performances by facing to a computer camara, and presented via a live skype with the audience in Milan within the “Deserting reality” exhibition. The live skype would be project largely on a white wall, in order to allow an engagement for audiences. And the artist is trying to present her live performance and find interactions with audience through it.
Wherever the artist is, the audience would be on the other side of world in Milan in the exhibition for a skype call with a certain time schedule. Artist will be giving a live performance each day during the exhibition time. The actual performance may take place in different location, e.g. in the artist’s garden, on the artist’ working desk, in a art institution, or in a local supermarket. The duration of performances each day also varies, it may be minimal or durational, it may involve language and conversations, it may action based and spontaneous, it may material involved and within a process, or simply in stillness and silence.
During the exhibition, the artist is in live and audience is in live and present too. They cannot enter each other’s reality, but the Internet link the two worlds. The artist is not simply present works and concepts through the computer camera, most important she is skyping with audiences. A certain interaction would happen.
The project explores the theme of artist’s relationship within the rest of of art world. Especially enhance to the research of audience perspective. A social concerns expressed in the performances within a daily life context. It provokes a consideration of our ways in using technology by creating a world of mediate experience. The mean of presenting the live works changed the traditional relationship between ourselves and the surroundings.
(Details of content and schedule of the live performance that steaming via skype will be settle down 3 weeks before the exhibition)
For previous works:
Born in 1988 China. Zejing Liu studied BA Fine Art at Chelsea College of Art and Design and MA in Photography (performance pathway) at Royal College of Art, UK. She working with different mediums includes performance, photography and video. Live performance presented in Performance Platform Lublin 2014 at Galeria Labirynt Poland, Bristol Biennale 2014, Interval °6 in Essen Germany, Friction International Performance Festival Uppsala, Sweden. She is currently works and lives in London.
My work connected with the themes of fears, anxieties, genders, and social codes in the art fields. The subjects of individual identity in relation with culture and political context have been tried to indicate within my practice. I work with different mediums include performance, photography and video. And they are frequently expressed narratives in silence, simplicity of a process and repetition of a single action.
2008-2009 Foundation degree in Art and Design, Kingston University, UK
2009-2010 IFC, Central Academy of Fine Art, Beijing, China
2010-2013 BA Fine Art, Chelsea College of Art and Design, University of the arts
2012.3-8 Exchange Study, Hochschule für Bildende Künste,Braunschweig
2013- 2015 MA Photography (Performance Pathway), Royal College of Art, London, UK
- Beyond Becoming, New York
- Interval °6 ,Essen Germany
- In the Moment of Doing, Testbed1 , London
- Disobedient Art, Fringe Art Bath festival, Bath, Uk
- Space In Between, Salisbury Art Center, Salisbury UK
- New Works, Balfron Tower, London
- GuangzhouLive 5 , Youyou Art Center Guangzhou, China
- Lublin Performance Platform, Galeria Labirynt , Lublin, Poland
- Crossing The Line Performance Event, Bristol Biennial, Bristol
- Annual Nomination Exhibition of Students of Contemporary Art Academics, Today Art Museum, Beijing, China
- In Between Becoming, Testbed 1, London
- Friction International Performance Festival, Uppsala, Sweden
- Exchange made live, Walden affairs, The Hague, Netherland
- Fine Art WIP show, Royal College of Art, London
- Chelsea Graduate Show, Chelsea College of Art and Design, London
- Reasons We Still Need Superman, International Video Art Tour, Curate by Tim Crowley, Different locations
- Archipelago, The Gallery on the Corner, London